Discover insights into our mission, membership, events, and more. Whether you’re a veteran, a family member, or a dedicated supporter, our FAQ section aims to address your queries and ensure you have the information you need to engage with our association effectively. If you have additional questions, feel free to reach out to us, and we’ll be happy to assist you.
- The 1st Marine Division Association is a veterans’ organization dedicated to supporting active-duty U.S. Marines and sailors serving in the 1st Marine Division, as well as providing scholarships to the children of 100% disabled and deceased veterans of the 1st Marine Division.
- Full Membership is open to all U.S. Armed Forces military veterans who have served in, been in support of, or were attached to the 1st Marine Division since its formation on February 1, 1941. Friends of the Association Membership is open to all.
- We offer various membership options, including Annual and Lifetime Full Memberships, Annual and Lifetime Associate Memberships, and Friends of the Association Memberships for both annual and lifetime commitments. All memberships are listed here.
- Yes, the 1st Marine Division Association is a 501(c)(19) nonprofit organization, and your donations are tax-deductible.
- Members enjoy access to our community, events, and programs, including scholarships, reunions, and support for active-duty Marines. Full Members have additional benefits like voting privileges.
- Yes, we provide a newsletter on a monthly base, we also post quarterly in the magazine called “The Old Breed News” to keep members informed about our activities, chapters, and relevant news.
- We host annual reunions in different cities, celebrate the formation of the 1st Marine Division at Camp Pendleton, and attend recruit graduation parades in San Diego.
- The 1st Marine Division has a rich history dating back to its formation in 1941. It has served in World War II, the Korean War, Vietnam, Somalia, Iraq, and Afghanistan.
- You can explore our chapter locations on our website to find one near you. Chapters often host meetings and events.
- Our scholarship program provides financial support for the children of Blue Diamond Marines who are deceased, 100% disabled, or missing in action.
- You can actively participate in our association by attending events, contributing to our scholarship program, and engaging with your local chapter.
- Yes, we offer membership options for supporters and family members, such as our “Friends of the Association” membership.
- Scholarships are available for the children of Blue Diamond Marines who are deceased, 100% disabled, or missing in action. Eligible recipients can apply for our program here.
- You can make a donation to our scholarship program through our “Donate” page on the website, specifying your contribution’s purpose.
- We are dedicated to supporting active-duty Marines through various programs, including mentorship and guidance.
- Yes, we hold annual reunions, celebrate the formation of the 1st Marine Division at Camp Pendleton, and attend recruit graduation parades in San Diego.
- You can connect with fellow members through your local chapter meetings and events, as well as through our online community and reunions.
- Yes, if you’re a Full Member with experience and knowledge – you can join our informal “speakers bureau” to participate as a speaker in our and afilliate events.